Low Budget S.G.

Original poster: "Gary Abusive by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gary_abusive-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi all. Looked at my chunky brass electrodes the other night, and
decided to make a quick SG out of aluminum cans. Sanded off the paint,
filled them with up water and tried them out. My coil is very low power,
about 230 watts, but it will heat up my static brass electrodes ( no
fan ) pretty easily. I ran it with the cans for about 30 seconds, turned
it off, and didn't notice any warming at all. I guess since the aluminum
is so thin, the water can dissipate the heat from the "hot spots" fairly
quickly. Anyway, I'm sure in a medium powered coil there'd be holes in
the aluminum and water everywhere after about a second, but it was
practically free and it works for me  :)

_Mike