Re: ign coils in antiparallel , was: Re: RE: Hello, delurk and question

Original poster: "Matt Segal by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <segal3-at-linkline-dot-com>

If you wired the negative primaries and drove the positives, then they would
be in series, not antiparallel. For antiparallel, connect the + (of one
coil) to - (of the other coil), do this for both terminals. Here is a
picture to show this
http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/5322/60kv.gif (you can see them
wired in antiparallel, you can choose to ignore the rest of the circuit if
you want). From this, you should be able to see where the connections go. No
damping coil needed (that I know of). Dimmer in series with a cap in series
with the coils. Works for me. Later.

~Matt Segal
Email - segal3-at-linkline-dot-com
Webpage - http://www.carbonOS-dot-com

I know you believe that you understand what
you think I said, but, I am not sure that you realize
that what you heard is not what I meant.