Re: Model Railroading Is Fun!

>Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>I'm really puzzled. With the pig on there, your coil
>should be a threat to low-flying aircraft. I can only
>think of one thing--your gap isn't up to the task.

I agree, I spent 2 hours today completely tearing down and testing EVERY
component. Rebuilt the gap, and rebuilt the system with the 12/180 supply.
Now we're back to the 6+' range and working fine.
I'm not touching the Pig again until the Teslathon.

Try
>something radical like a heavy-duty single static with
>a jet of 90 psi shop air blown through it. I know
>you're proud of your RQ gap, but you may need to
>resort to brute force to quench the arc from that pig.
>Don't give up--pigs are worth the bother.

I have a nice SRSG in the works, and a triggered gap on the way :)

Duck!