Re: Northern Ca.Teslathon questions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>

I'll probably bring at least a half-dozen visitors with me.
I've also convinced a friend from Oakland to show off her
latest coil masterpiece -- an 11 foot tall, 10kW coil that
throws 10-15ft arcs.  Her coil has an interesting physical
aesthetic, in addition to having a variable speed rotary,
switching the 60Hz HVAC.
BTW Jim, how is the supply of 208/220 VAC?  I'm sure that
there's plenty, although I've never explored much beyond the
building's 480 VAC circuits.
The underground steam plant and the salt-water fire hydrants
on site also provide a good earth connection.  In fact, just
about all the convenient earthing points have already been
connected together electrically, and terminated into a 50ft
8AWG lead for the convenience of any visiting coilers.  ^_^
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org

-----------------------------------
Original poster: <HomerLea-at-aol-dot-com>

As far as I know there are only about a dozen folks so far that
indicated an
interest in a Teslathon in San Francisco and there is TONS of room
outside
the warehouse. The space inside is very limited as far as actually
running
coils inside due to low ceilings and being full of stuff. There is a
bathroom
at the far end of the building and some fire extinguishers. There is
unlimited space to park cars(or tractor-trailer rigs). There is a
railroad
track (sunk in the ground) that passes by the building (off street)
which
should provide a good ground.
Jim Heagy