Re: one-liners, was VTTC Instrument Amps

In a message dated 6/12/01 10:28:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "albert hassick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <
> uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>
>
>  Thanks to all of you on the list that replied to my inquiry about using
>  old music instrument amps with 6L6 tubes to build a VTTC.  Al.

Al, Terry, all,

I'd like to make a suggestion that "thanks" such as the above should
be sent to the folks involved, or not at all.  It seems kind of a torture
to make 700 folks read that.  It's polite of you in one sense, but not
in the sense that 700 folks have to read an email that is not of
general TC interest.  The way I often approach the issue is to
assume that folks appreciate help and suggestions, and not
worry about thanking everyone for each comment.  This simply
cuts down on emails.  What I usually do when folks need to be
thanked, is I include it with another posting, rather than create
a separate posting.   It is also of interest that the list rules
specifically prohibit such one-liners as "thanks", etc.  This rule
exists to keep posting quantities to a reasonable level.  Most
folks follow the rules, and let me express my appreciation to
those who do.  Imagine how many postings there would be if
a separate email was always sent saying "thanks"?   hmmmm.

What do others think about this issue?*

Thanks,
John Freau

*>>I have been letting some short "thank you's" through since they signal
that the problem is solved and further post are no longer needed - Terry<<