Re: No responses yet! Fw: Air core toroid...

Original poster: "mpf by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <the_machin_shin-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Think ((Variac) - (Core)).  That is actually what made me wonder... Why
construct a variac the hard way?  Is it just to make it easy to adjust the
tap, or do you gain some other features (higher inherent inductance ie less
core material, lower magnetizing current...) Shortest magnetic path must be
beneficial somehow... More so even than shortest electrical path (EI core
style transformer).

> Hi Matt,
>
> You might be right. I'm simply looking for a better "visual" of this idea.
For