81" Continuous Arcs!

Thanks to the completion of the new TCBOR-RQ gap by Marc, the Geek Group's
Project Sam Tesla Coil is now officially a success having reached it's
design goal of continuous 6' arcs.
Pics will post tomorrow, after Mark Broker (who has just crossed the
Illinois state line heading here with complete abandon for speed laws and
will arrive at 0100hrs-EST) and I finish tweaking the new setup.

We were expecting a performance improvement, but nothing as drastic as what
happened. We've been dancing on the 41" barrier for months now, trying
different setups, various gaps, etc.

Marc's gap arrived at 1PM, and by 2 we had it tweaked and wired up for the
first test. I'm glad we cought it on video....the audio track is something
like....

Ok...have you got the 220 set up?

Yeah

Ben, get the lights.

Walker, ready?

Yeah

Ok....CLEAR

(pop....pop......pop...poppopopopopoopopopopopopop)

woah

cool

Ok, that's 90........100.....110

WOW

120...130-Jesus

HOLY S***

(at this point the noise coming from 9 people in the room cheering becomes
louder than the arcs, lol!)

It was the most beautiful day of testing I've ever seen.

The MMC Array took no less than 4 direct hits to the power rails and never
missed a beat. Though my heart did every time it got hit. We remedied this
by laying it flat and covering it with a dome of chicken wire. I need a
couple lengths of 2AWG about 20' long each to run to the coil from the tank
circuit. It's hitting the floor regularly now. When we put a breakout point
on it hits the ceiling.

I can't wait to melt it down in a couple weeks :)

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group