Re: Discharging HV Caps

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

	The failure mode of most resistors is OPEN!!!!!!!!  Using resistors in
excess of their design voltage ratings just exacerbates the problem!  I
suspect that many of the 10 meg resistors mentioned here have opened up
along the way.  Check the voltage ratings of any parts you use, and keep
within them if you want safe operation.

Ed