DC tesla coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tcmail-at-poczta.fm>

Hi!

Im looking for information and construction hints about DC Tesla Coils. If
You have any information, or you know where can I find it please let me
know. Aspecially I'm looking for materials about DC tesla coil construction
and voltage multipliers construction. I know only basic things about
voltage multipliers (how the voltage is multiplied), but I don't know for
example how to count capacitor values, what is the time of loading
capacitor from multiplier output? etc. I'm intrested in using multipliers
in TC's because resonant rise effect causes transformer damages. I make my
transformers on my own (they are too expensive for me), but I cant make
transformer making very high voltage, because I have only an iron core
which is designed for low voltage. It's a big core (48 cm^2), but windows
for windings are small (there is no much place for isolation). The highest
voltage I have made was 13kV 300mA (it was getting hot(windings wire was
thinner than it should be) while working, but i thought to put it in an
oil, or to limit current). There was no much isolation so i couldn't use
resonant rise effect. Also I think, that using voltage multiplier makes me
able to load any size of capacitor (also bigger than resonnant) to high
voltage (higher than produces my transformer). What do You think about
using voltage multiplier? Please send me any information about multipliers
that You have.

Kamil Kompa

Nie wiesz, co Cie czeka? Nie wiesz jak postapic? Sprawdz swoj horoskop!
http://rozrywka.interia.pl/id/otobie/horoskop/www/horoskop/horoskop_main