Re: Toroid bulk buy

Hi All,

I see the subject of "toroid dents" has come up =:O

For those that missed "my" problems, you can relive it all :o))

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/ToriodDentRemoval.txt

I would suggest one thing.  If at all possible, get the toroids made so
that the two halves can be separated!!!  Pulling out a toroid dent from the
outside requires about as much effort and high technology as getting that
space station arm to bend...  However, if you can get to the inside and
push or pound it out, it is 1000 times easier...  Any auto store has the
hammers...  This new toroid buy is a perfect time to push the state of the
art a little and make repairing a toroid possible when you (and you all
know who "you" are :-))) ding them...

Also, one may consider getting the shipping box made such that you can
store the toroid in it to...

My 2 cents...

BTW - I finally decided that attempting to repair my toroid's dent was far
worse than just leaving it...

Cheers,

	Terry