Re: Fanciful spark-augmenter

Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

I reply to myself:  It is often true that the older one gets, the slower
one's thought-processes become.  That has happened here.

The simplest way to shift the frequency of a tuned L-C circuit is to
place a smaller capacitor across the existing one.  A small shift is what
I propose and that is the way I should have proposed to do it.

Take a conventional primary-type L-C apparatus.  Place across the C
another C of 1/10 the capacitance and the same voltage rating, in series
with merely a wimpy little spark gap.

Excite the tank from a s.s. source.  OR: A VTTC source!  Sorry I've left
the VT folks out of this!

When the wimpy gap fires, the frequency instantly shifts 10% or so and
the vast amount of built-up energy gets dumped into the secondary--just
like in a conventional spark-gap system.

Someone go for it!

Why didn't I apply...*kick*...for a PATENT on this...*kick, kick*...??

Ken Herrick