Re: Tank Cicuit Capacitor

Original poster: "Robert by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <obiwan1186-at-sunflower-dot-com>

> Does the capacitor in the tank circuit hold a charge once power is turned
> off?  I've heard some say yes and some say no.  Isn't that by definition
> what a capacitor does?

the answer is YES. In fact, the charge can be lethal. ALWAYS discharge the
capacitor by shorting out the
terminals before tinkering with the tank circuit. If you have an MMC bank,
put 1/2 watt 10M ohm resistors
accross the terminals of each capacitor. this will automatically discharge
them within 3 to 5 seconds
after switching off the power. good luck and safe coiling,
Robert