Re: VLTC very little Tesla coil

In a message dated 7/22/01 4:47:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Skip Greiner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <
> sgreiner-at-wwnet-dot-com>
>
>  Here are the specs that several have requested:
>  Pri: 10 turns #20 pvc stranded. Res freq with cap about 1.2mhz
>  Sec: 2"diameter cardboard form by 8". wound 6.75" with ? turns of #24
magnet
>  wire. Res freq with no top load is about 2.2mhz

Skip,

the very high frequency may be hurting the spark length some
also, but I'm not sure.  I would probably use a rather thin dia.
wire on such a small coil to permit the use of many more
turns to keep the frequency low and reduce the gap losses.

John