Re: Getting NSTs

Hi Robert,

The last time I looked on ebay, a 9kV/30Ma was going for $1.00 :-))

Search ebay for "tesla transformer".  The most desirable types go for
pretty good money (like 50+ bucks).  Smaller ones go for very reasonable
prices and they don't have that big of shipping costs...

"Retail" prices of NSTs are very high.  Whole sale prices are very
reasonable.  The trick is finding a "friendly" shop that will give you a
really good deal.  Many times, they only send back the name plate to get
that warranty money back and they toss the rest of the transformer in the
trash...

I have had pretty good luck contacting the manufacturers and asking for a
local suppliers of their brand.  The manufacturers tend to recommend "nice"
places...  I have found that ACTown has very good local distributors that
are very happy to sell the products at reasonable prices.

The Internet also has a number of places to by NSTs but the shipping is
going to be like $30 for these iron bricks.  Maybe worth it...  I always
like "new" as opposed to used NSTs since here in CO the climate tends to
kill things like NSTs pretty fast...

Cheers,

	Terry