Re: idea for coil

On 17 Jul 01, at 7:59, Tesla list wrote:

<PsychoticMinds1-at-aol-dot-com>

>       Hi i would like everyones opinion and input on a idea i had im not
> sure if anyone else has tried it but if i was to construct a marx genorator
> with an out put of  500-800 kv and used that to power a coil with 1800 turns
> of 26 awg wire on the secondary and 11 or so turns of 1/2 copper tubing as
> the primarry with the primary set in its shape i will encase it in up to 2
> inches of melted plastic to provide insulation.. would this work or am i
> going totally nuts? any comments or sugestions?

I suggest you start with something far less ambitious. It is clear
that you haven't considered the recharge time of a Marx bank. Use a
NST transformer and get familiar with coiling first is my advice.
Your proposed Marx bank would probably generate a higher output
voltage than the coil its supposed to run.

Malcolm