Re: triggered gaps in Re: Three phase TC

> It sounds a bit like you are thinking of geting 120 degrees out of the
> three top streamer waveforms.  That will be "tough" :-))  You may be able
> to use a Marx generator type circuit or something like Marc's triggered
gap
> to at least fire them at the right timing...  But once they fire, the
> waveform timing will jitter all over the place depending on many things
> like streamer length...  However, I am not sure anyone would ever notice
> any difference regardless...

I don't think the timing will change all that much due to streamer growth.
If you tank cap is charged to the same voltage, and you fire the triggered
gap, the RF waveform is going to look pretty much the same, each time.
True, the frequency might change slightly due to streamer loading, and the
decay time on the envelope definitely will.

The big unknowns here are:

1) ability to reliably time the trigger with inexpensive equipment.  I know
it can be done with multi thousand dollar generators and gaps from Physics
International or Maxwell... The question is whether it can be done with
555's or 8254 programmable timers, SCRs and ignition coils.

2) The interaction between the secondaries