Re: Math help...

In a message dated 7/12/01 8:19:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> John Freau's guidelines for efficient coil design cannot be commented upon
>  because he does not show any calculations.
>
>  John Couture

John,

I've posted in the past a *recipe* if you like for designing
efficient coils.  This gave equations for selecting the secondary
size, toroid size, bps, number of turns of wire, needed input
power, etc, for obtaining a given spark length.  The equations
are empirically designed, and do not go into detail about
calc'ing losses, etc.  But the equations are of the type that
can be incorporated into a computer program for coil design.

John Freau