Re: Space Winding - was What to look for...

Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi all,

I space wound my first coil and close wound a second one. There was arcing
between two turns near the bottom of my second coil which might have been a
one off situation. Removing the bottom turns up to the arcing point reduced
its inductance  a small amount but cured the problem.

The method I used to space wind my 1st coil was to close wind some 1.0mm
diameter cotton twine on a 10" diameter former and lightly varnish it. This
formed a nice track for the 0.5mm diameter magnet wire (1000 turns) There is
some information on this in
www.charles.a.hobson.btinternet.co.uk/SECONDARY_COIL.htm

Cheers

Chuck