Re: NST Death

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/7/01 12:07:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Oh Yeah!!! an async gap will burn NSTs and OBITs, and will put stresses on
> pigs and MOTs like youve never seen before!!! If you are going to use an
> async gap, have a *good* protection network (terrys one) and a strong xfmr.
> I wouldnt use MOTs in series, because the feedback will absolustely kill
> their windings!! but NEVER use an async gap on an NST or an OBIT. use a
> static gap or a well built SRSG.

Can someone explain to me why ARSGs are so bad for trannies? Robert Krampf
does shows with his NST powered coil, and uses an ARSG! He's done this for
years with the same NST.

Jonathon Reinhart
hometown.aol-dot-com/kidd6488/tesla