So much for an injury free year, lol and SRSG Hard drives

The DAY after I sent an email to an MD on the list mentioning how long it's
been since I had an injury.......I drop a 30 pound hard drive magnet
assembly off the workbench....and directly onto my big toe.

Fortunately the swelling forbids me from putting my foot in my mouth ;)

Now to the reason I was tinkering wth the drive in the first place.

Along with the semi-trailer of AS-400 mainframe we got a few IBM antiques,
some of them are hard drives that have 14+" plattens and use SERIOUS
belt-driven motors.

1. Are these motors sync?

2. Thoughs on making a big hard drive into a NICE big SRSG? Or even ASRG?

btw, DC motors from old tape drives (the reel to reel kind) make cracking
good ASRG motors :)

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek