Electric Shocks and Tesla Learning Curve

Original poster: "Alexander Rice by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ajjrice-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi All,
        I have never been shocked by anything that was plugged into a mains
line, i attribute thin in part to being careful and in part to the fact that
the first piece of high voltage equipment i built was a wimshurst machine (pics
at
<http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/rice2.jpg>http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/rice2.jpg)
- playing with something that will jump 5" gives you a non lethal lesson.
    I think that before playing with any line connected high voltage device it
is a pretty good idea to build something electrostatic because that way the one
shock (or in my case many shocks) you do get (everyone seems to get shocked
once as part of the 'learning curve') at least this way it is painful but
certainly not dangerous.

Just My Tuppence  (Being english i dont have two cents for you)
=-> ICQ# 114007491 <-=