Re: nst shock

Original poster: "Harri Suomalainen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Harri.Suomalainen-at-pp.inet.fi>

> Not enitrely true... about 15mA is enough to get your heart to
> defibrillate.. if it takes the right path. you could get piles from say tour
> hand to your elbow and not stop your heart.
¨
It is also a matter of luck. As a kid I took 230VAC from one hand to
a solid ground in other hand. Dunno about the time it took, but everything
went just black. However, the time I was "hooked up" was not short.
(I'd say  at least 15 seconds with full contiousness).

I didn't actually pass out, I was still standing up when I got the senses
back, but untill then I couldn't see/hear/think anything. No knowledge of
how long that took. It was almost like blacking out. No defiblirration,
no burns, no permanent damage however.

Even though this made no harm and it it not the only shock I've taken
I'd still not feel safe for taking more hits. Sooner or later one would be
really dangerous. Same should apply for all of you out there who have
taken non-lethal hits at some time.

Depending on the source 15-30mA is the limit where you cannot let
go of the conductor due to mussle cramps. This is also enough to be
lethal if enough current is conducted through the heart. Some sources
think even less to be lethal. Anyway, even a couple mA *through*
heart is definately lethal, so let's just be carefull.

Harri