Re: Along the lines of "Trying this at home"

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>

> I would definitely not try shooting arcs out of my fingers (or any body
part),

snipprezz...

If the coil can put out streamers that are at least 6" long...  than 4" of
tape wont insulate it
too very well...

if you were holding the taped tube with no ground wire ... than you would
become the wire and
ground out the arc ( not a good thing)   if the wire came loose from its
ground while you were
holding it then ( once again  not a good thing)  ZAAPPP !!!

the only thing that kept you from being zapped was the wire ( it allowed
for a lower resistive
path than your body)

my coil puts out 12' ( foot) long streamers....  I wouldnt touch it with a
20' fiberglass pole
...   in a previous test I placed a 4' long glass tube near the toriod of
my small coil ( which
puts out 1 - 4' long streamers) and at low output ( normally 1.5'
streamers) the streamer
traveled across the tube and over to the grounded wire. Goes to show how
"non insulative" glass
is at higher voltages...

Scot D