RE: FREE new design-author

Original poster: "The Big Giant Kevin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <neo4s-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Thank you to everyone who has replied with your suggestions and very nice
comments. I have made some changes and Im still working on some more. I have
increased the maximum transformer output current to 10 amps (I hope thats
enough !!). I have added the ability to specify the space between turns and
the insulation thickness. Rotary gap cap charge time bug has been corrected,
and I added the units for the rotational speed. I added another significant
digit to the MMC array calculator output. Im working on adjusting the toroid
capacitance and the primary inductance. I'll increase the range of some of
the input values, I was very conservative to avoid overflow errors. If
anyone has good empirical measurements of their coil (especially for primary
coil and toroid) please send it to me. Yes, I did code the program in Visual
Basic 6, which is why some people may not be able to use the smaller .zip or
.exe- sorry, you'll have to download the huge setup.zip file. And if someone
knows a way that I can compile the program to run on all computers without
all those big dependency files, please let me know. The new program should
be uploaded in a couple days and ready to go. Please keep sending in your
comments so I can make the program even better.
Email thebiggiantkevin-at-hotmail-dot-com
Download Tesla Map at http://www.angelfire-dot-com/fl5/teslamap
Thanks, Kevin Wilson

I tried to download your program but am having trouble with both the zip and
the exe types. I am still trying and will get back to you later. I always
find it interesting to see how other coilers arrange their programs because
there are many possibilities. Keep in mind that all programs have bugs in
them and it takes time to fix them.

In the meantime you may want to try my program to see how the two compare.
The JHCTES Ver 3.1 is the download version and the Ver 3.3 can be used on
line.

       http://home.att-dot-net/~couturejh/

With Bert's example enter the following

Pri Inputs
Cp = .02    Rad = 11.94    Width = 10.625

Sec Imputs
Rs = 5.0    Turns = 1000   TPI = 44
Sec term = 29.2

Outputs
Freq = 80.80   Lp = 194.0   Pri turns = 17.00
Pri In R = 6.63    Pri out R = 17.25     c/c space = .625

I did not have Bert's secondary parameters so I used a secondary that
required a primary of 194 uh with a .02 uf Cp. If you use a .03 uf Cp the
primary would have to be 129.34 uh and 13.88 turns, etc.

John Couture