Re: I'm trying this at home.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Original poster: "randy by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><randy-at-gte-dot-net>
>
>Duck:
>
>Have you read your own sig file lately? Freeclimbing? Street Luge? You seem
>obsessed with
>taking un-necessary risks.

Read your other post too (and the 50 others...)

I'm not doing the experiment.

(and the crowd goes wild)........................

ok ok .................

ok......sit down, thank you............

ok

This is why......

1. The main reason I'm not doing the demo is the repercussions to the Group
and the Tesla community if I have a "Catastrophic" failure.

2. the learning curve is too steep, and if I fall off there's no safety net.
This isn't like sterrt lugeing where I can get some road rash, or climbing
where I pull a muscle and get some harness bruises. This is a pass-fail
thing, and I've simply got too much to loose.

3. I'm a teacher, and I run a large Group with a hundred impressionable kids
who hold me as a mentor, and a role model. I will not be responsibe for the
deaths of my students and fellow Group members.

4. I can't control the situation like I want to. There's no possible way to
be in complete control of the coil when I'm on the platform, and this isn't
like climbing where I can have a belay person that I trust with my life,
it's different, things happen too fast here. Even with climbing you can
yell, Watch Me!

As far as my other pursuits, yeah, I'm a serious adreniline junky. But it's
different. I can always control most of the variables. With Lugeing,
Climbing, and Racing (I don't drive anymore, I lost my ticket years ago when
I could no longer pass the physical for a year, no practice, no racing, no
track-time, no points, no license....) When you're Lugeing, you're
completely alone, same as climbing, if I make a mistake, I die, and I'm
responsible, and I'm also the only one who gets hurt (as long as I don't
land on my Belay, lol).

I have a thing for danger, as long as I'm in control. I can do 200+MPH only
a couple inches from the Ground on a racetrack all day long....but I can't
ride a rollercoaster at all, because I'm not in control.

Now I have the wreckage of a Teslathon to clean up, more on that tomorrow :)

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group