bleeding caps

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

hi,
i just got 5 15KvDC 0.02 uf caps for $10. i was going to use 3 or 4 of
these in series to obtain the desired capacitance for my coil. my question
is, since i will more be using as many caps as a normal MMC would use, how
would i go about bleeding these? i didnt think that 1 10 Mohm resistor
across each cap would do it. maybe 2 or 4 resistors? or even make a small
board with man resistors in paralell and then use that to bleed the
resistors. and if all my caps blow up it wont be a big loss.

im also trying to figure out how to make an NST filter on a budget. i dont
have enough money to make terry's excellent protection, so im trying to
think of other ways to accomplish this.

-fox