Multiple Spark Gaps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Leik3-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Everyone!
I just finished construction of my spark gaps (yeah!) and I built what I
think I saw called SD (?) gaps. It has a row of five copper tubes on top and
four copper tubes on bottom, each row affixed to a piece of Lexan that can be
moved closer to the other row via 4 all threads (one in each corner). I'm
sure someone knows what I'm tallking about even though I can't explain it
good :)  Well, that brings the question of the day (for me) which is what gap
would be a good place to start?? I know that finding the proper gap is a part
of the tuning process, but where should I start? A little too far and work
in, or a little close and work my way out? Any help is appreciated!!
Thanks,
Dennis
PS It's quenched by a blower I salvaged from a microwave oven.....and my wife
said I'd never use it!