Resistors for a RC network

Original poster: "Kelly & Phillipa Williams by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kellyw-at-ihug.co.nz>

Hi All,

What resistors should I use for an RC network? I am using doorknob
capacitors for the filter caps, 1nF 80kV on each side of the RF ground
connection. I would like to use a value of 1000 ohms for the resistors.

My system currnetly consists of a 15kV 120mA NST farm, (1800 W) but as of
tomorrow I will have an 11kV >200mA (>2.2kW) power distribution transformer
:-))), and I would like the protection system to be able to handle this
power supply.

How high does the voltage rating have to be?
How high must the wattage rating be?

I want to use RS components 50W wire-wound resistors encased in an anodised
aluminium case. I may have to use 100W resistors or higher, but I don't
really have the money to buy these as I'm broke after the MMC :-(  As I
remember these have a voltage rating of only 1.6 - 2 kV.
Can I ignore this voltage rating and use a single resistor anyway?
Can I use 50W or 100W resistors for 1800 Watts?

Thank you very much,

Alan Williams