Polycap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Leik3-at-aol-dot-com>

OK Everyone,
Here's the deal: Before I signed up on this mailing list, I did a lot of
research of the construction and a little of theory behind why it works and
all that good stuff. I decided to construct a rolled poly cap and that wasn't
very fun. I made one that measures a little under .004mF (I think) and it's
huge. Well, from everything I've heard on this list I'm about garunteed
failure of this cap, probably sooner than later, and possibly even prone to
explosion (something I'd like to avoid). I stumbled upon a page with the
"party cup" cap and I was wondering if anyone has tried it with their coil.
Would it stand up to the abuse or am I wasting my time with another bomb of a
cap. I know that the MMC is the best way to go, but I haven't quite talked my
wife into, "how it will benefit her" yet.
Thanks all,
Dennis