RE: Unpotting techniques...

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Wait until you blow it up before you unpot it.
Unpotting it is messy and many people damage a
perfectly good NST on their first unpotting job. The
only thing unpotting will do is allow you to remove
some of the current limiting shunts, giving you a
15/90 or maybe even a 15/120. Some have gone even
higher. The NST should probably then be run under oil.

Adam

> Original poster: "Troy Taylor by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <troy-at-ezcoding-dot-com>
>
> Hello, I am new to this list.  I recently got a
> Franceformer 15/60 NST.  I
> have done some nice Jacob's ladders with it. :)
>
> Anyway, I haven't finishing building my MMC Cap yet
> (fired 3 oil/poly/foil
> already) and keep seeing people talk about
> "unpotting" them.  Can someone
> point me to a reference on what is this and how to
> go about it? :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Troy D. Taylor

=====