Re: Won't someone PLEASE help me?

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Garry F. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> My only working NST unpotted NST bit the dust and I just found out that I
> nicked another secondary in my lame clod attempt to be as careful as I could
> be, I broke a wire about four layers deep in the only good secondary it had.

Hi Garry....

If you have only nicked the surface windings of the secondaries, then you
still have some
functional NSTs ...

unwind the secondaries that have trouble till you find the "new" end of the
wire.  Remove from the
next secondary ( if you can, the exact amount of wire as like the first)
coil the same amount of
wire. This will give you a balanced output voltage from both secondaries (
although the voltage
will be lower than originally, but not by too much ,  you will probably see
12000 V out of it and
at a bit higher amps )  replace the secondaries onto the E core and cover
with an oil ( mineral,
HiVolt, etc) this should save you a few $$...    hope you have better luck
with your endevors in
coiling ....     I eventually did :)

Scot D