RE: High Voltage Oil

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

I would discourage folks from using motor oil, as it's not easy to
responsibly dispose of.

Vegetable oil is good for salads but gets yucky with time as it goes rancid.

Mineral oil from the laxative section of a supermarket is stable, cheap,
relatively free from moisture (as least as compared to vegetable oil), and
by definition, may be flushed down the drain after you're done with it.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<Leik3-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi guys,
I've heard a lot of refrences to mineral spirits, mineral oil, and high
voltage oil. What I'm really looking for is something to submerge my cap in.

I heard that some plain ol' motor oil works good, and also that regular
vegtable oil works as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dennis