RE: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Original poster: "35045 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <free0076-at-flinders.edu.au>

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

> Darren -
>
> I agree my post was incorrect and this is what happens when I give a short
> fast answer. However, allow me to give it another try. You have already done
> an excellent job of explaining RMS in your post so I will use another
> approach.

Why, thank you! By the way, the rest of the post I am replying to does do
a nice job of explaining the purpose of RMS voltages and currents. I tend
to favour it for the complete beginner since beginners don't need to
calculate RMS values right from the beginning. Really your post should be
read first as it doesn't jump into detail from the second paragraph =)
However mine was ultimately aimed at those who wish to deal with
non-resistive circuits so I suppose they complement each other.

Have fun,
Darren Freeman