Re: Grounding

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 07:43 AM 16/01/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Corey May by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<cbmay-at-home-dot-com>

>Hello, I have a question.  What were to happen is you were to forget
>about grounding the secondary coil....just leaving the first wrapped
>wire where it ends.  Good idea or bad?
>
>Thanks
>
>Corey

Hi Corey,

BAD IDEA!!  The bottom end of the secondary MUST be grounded, preferrably
to a Tesla dedicated ground distinct from your hydro service (3rd. wire)
ground.  Use a heavy guage wire for the ground and avoid sharp bends if
at all possible, as R.F. doesn't like to turn corners.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca