RE: MOT power supply ??

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Henry,

Last weekend I put up a page at
http://www.corridor-dot-net/deano/mot_power_supply.htm which shows some ways
that one might use a MOT or MOTs for a high voltage power supply. I also
spent some time working with models of the circuit at
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/mot.bmp but lost the note that had a list of
the images and what they were. I had uploaded all the images to my website,
but the page for that information was incomplete. However according to the
models, there is no difference in performance between that circuit and the
same circuit with a connection between the MOTs and the diodes at ground
potential when the phase of the MOTs is exactly 180 degrees apart. There is
considerable difference however when the phase varies, indicating that it
_is_ important to have that connection in place from a performance
standpoint, as well as from a safety standpoint. I will try to finish that
page this weekend and post a link when it is ready.

later
deano