Results of larger toriod and a question on video cameras for filming.

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Garry-at-NDFC-dot-com>

Well, I ordered a large toroid from www.sciencefirst-dot-com The holes were
slightly out of alignment but a quick redrill enlarged the hole enough to
fit the 5/8ths bolt on top.

I was expecting longer sparks but instead I just got half the sparks but
they are fatter and brighter so that it can be plainly seen in my bedroom in
the afternoon with the sun shining in the window.

A little less noise too so now I can run it some more without worrying about
freaked out neighbors.

I have a question tho ....

I would like to get a video camera that I can use to film the coil in
operation and save the files to avi or some other computer video format in
color.

Since I am only going to use it to film my coil mainly, and I am getting a
big tax refund (I take out $10 extra per paycheck towards taxes) I don't
really need high definition or anything really fancy. What would you
reccommend to get?

It would have to be a camera that can connect to a computer and save it
later. I don't want to have my computer operating while the coil is running.

Terry, - I am thinking of attaching that big MMC you sent to the side of the
enclosure and using something like two rca plugs to connect it. That way I
can test it out without having to open up the unit.