Power factor correction yes, but where

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

I don't think that you could correct for the power factor of a variac since
it is continuouly adjustable.  If you run the tesla coil always around the
same settings additional capacitance could be added at the primary
connections to the variac and through measurments, one could determine the
approaximate value needed to reduce the current phase angle.  This extra
PFC would be added after the Step up transformer mains PFC capacitor was
already known and installed.

Shaun Epp, C.E.T.
VE4SCE

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>