Re: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmnovak-at-email.msn-dot-com>

I had the very same thought not too long ago... Only I was thinking of using
a pvc pipe covered in oil, then a layer of maybe 10 mils of polypropylene
followed by a liberal coat of "pour-on". Then, after the coil is wound and
coated, the PVC should slip right out with little hesitation. However, there
is the problem of lost rigidity. I will attempt this as late as next fall,
but no sooner than this summer. I'll let you all know...

-Mike Novak

<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hmmm...Anybody thought of making a secondary with NO form?Well at first
use a
> form but use some kind of compound to hold it together like papermache
over
> the form and then slide it off and remove the paper.This would be diff.
and