Re: Pulse Cap Source

Original poster: "Albert Hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Matt.  I like my Doorknob cap array best!   And it gives the biggest
arcs and sparks and keeps going, and going, and going!   They don't even
get warm!  AL.

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001 17:04:44 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>
>
> While right now, I'm just window shopping, ive been looking for
> various
> components to "upgrade" my tesla coil once i've got it working.
> Right now
> i'm getting tward the end stages of constructing my coil and expect
> have it ready for first light as soon as the weather permits. Given
> it
> takes more than 6 weeks for that to happen. :D
>
> I was wondering what some of the most important and upgradewable
> parts of
> the coil are. my first guess is the capacitors. on first light i
> will be
> using one to four glass bottle caps. thinking about the caps i've
> looked
> around and played with the idea of using MMCs which really seems
> like a
> wonderful idea. also, as of lately doorknob caps have caught my eye.
> i've
> seen some coilers using them and id like to hear comments on them.
>
> lastly, where to obtain these beasts. now ive seen some n auction
> sites
> and i've just watched them pass me by. i've also gone out and
> searched
> down some companies that make them. the few i've tracked down either
> dont
> have near what i need or are unwilling to work with an individual.
> that
> having been said they also will not price them for me. :P
>
> thanks
>
> -fox

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.