Re: new builder with wire question

Original poster: "Albert Hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

They will all work, but why not go with the least expensive wire you can
get of the three you mentioned if this is your first coil.  Al

On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:07:32 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>
>
> I'm interested in building a new tesla coil.  I have a 5.25" pvc
> pipe and a
> 15kv, 60mA transformer amoung other parts.  I've also been reading
> about 3
> sets of plans to see how to make one.  My question is:  one set of
> plans
> shows using 22 awg standed pvc insulated to 0.064 " (14 gauge) wire,
>  for a
> price(higher) I can get teflon insulated very fine stranded (19 x
> 34) 22
> awg wire in a 1000 ft spool (hopefully one length).  would this be
> better
> that pvc insulated wire for the secondary  or should I stick with 26
> gauge
> magnetic wire like the other plans  show.
>
> I have also seen different protection ccts on the secondary of the
> NST, a
> selenoid choke vs a RC arrangement.  What do you people think of the
> differences.  one better that the other  or not.
>
> Thanks in advance : - )

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.