RE: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Resistance wire?  I don't think so!  While NST primaries are often wound
with aluminum wire, this is just to save a few pennies.  Even so, if you've
ever measured the resistance of a primary, you'll find it to be a small
fraction of an Ohm.  Transformers are NEVER deliberately wound with
high-resistance wire, as this would only generate heat.  Any current
limiting is achieved magnetically.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<elgersmad-at-fnworld-dot-com>

I just wanted to mention that with a balast style transformer, or NST,
the primary typically is wound with resistance wire.  Resistance wire
is typically rated in ohms per foot, inch, decameter, and meter.  There
are different alloys available, some only an ohm per foot, and others
hundreds of ohms per foot.  It's usually used in wire wound resistors,
and impedance matching, or current limiting transformers.

James.