Re: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Bill, Matt, & All,

Original poster: "Bill Parn by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
parn-at-starpower-dot-net>

<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hi all and ryan, could it be possible that the seconday burned because its
> 1in thick?Wouldnt an inch cause the rf energy to be absorbed more in the
> secondary? I thought thinner was better because it absorbs less rf
> energy. Please correct me if im wrong cuz this has been eating me up.
>
> matt
>

>I would be curious on this too, as I have some 14" OD (guesstimating)
natural gas >pipe.It is approximately one inch thick.  I thought it would be
good because
>surely the gas company would not use conductive pipe, however I am not
certain on >this. Maybe it is better to use slightly conductive pipe so that
a potential static >charge does not build up.

>BP

Some Gas Distribution companies have used a special plastic pipe with a
metallic thread or thin wire embedded in the pipe to aid in locating the
buried lines, because normal plastic pipe IS non-conductive. You might want
to check with the source of your pipe if possible. Otherwise the burn pattern
could be interesting.

Matt D.