"mil"

Original poster: "Chris Dobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cdobson-at-microtech-dot-com.au>

G'day list,

Glad the ISP probs are over! Can I ask you guys in the US - - - - I presume
that "mils" are thousandths of an inch - - is that right?
Therefore 60mil poly sheet would be approx. 1.2mm - - - is this correct?
Also, does anybody know if the clear plastic sheet used for protecting
table-tops is any good as a dielectric?  It is only 200microns thick tho, hence
my queries on mils etc.

Regards

Chris