RE: Pour on coatings

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Pete: I am in the midst of testing the ETI Pour On and so far it is great!
I bought a 16 oz kit from my local ACE hardware.
You must pour equal amounts. The mixing procedure outlined in their
instruction sheet and on the web site must be followed exactly. Practise
with clear plastic 10 oz Solo cups and a flat ended popsicle stick (cut the
end flat).

It sets up quickly and in a couple of hours you have a 1/8-1/4" thick HARD
plastic coat. Oh, be sure the temp is 70 or better. A motorized winder is a
great help too.

Look over http://www.eti-usa-dot-com

I will ultimately have photos on my website when I am done.

Safety First

Ted

Subject: Re: Pour on coatings

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>

I did try coating one coil, I used "table top resin", a two part epoxy
available in many hardware stores for making those clear plastic coated
tables you see in bars so often, and it worked great (but I did not mix
it long enough and it took too long to set, and I got some globs, I'll
take your suggestion and try 15 mins of mixing time next time, thanks for
the suggestion!!!).
-Pete Lawrence.