Re: MOT power supply

Original poster: "Christopher Telford by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <christophertelford-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello Henry, Jason and Bert,

Thanks for the advice, it was really useful. Hopefully
now i won't kill myself :-). I just went to the local
tip, and managed to get hold of 2 MOT's from 850 and
950 watt ovens. Also on the way back from the tip, i
found another microwave that someone had chucked on
the grass verge, so i got that too. I havn't tested
any of them yet, but they all look like they'l work.
I'll post a message to tell u how well my Tesla coil
goes with them as the power supply if i get any
itneresteing results. I was quite supprised to manage
to get any MOT's, let alone 3!
I plan to use them in series on the secondary side and
parallel on the primary for around 4800 volts. I hope
this will be enough. I am going from my 450W NST to
whatever the MOT's provide, so i doubt i need to be
100% efficient with the power to get an improvement.
Thanks,

Chris Telford