Re: Tube coil, level shifter madness

In a message dated 1/1/01 11:14:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> OBTW Carl Willis was running a LS VTTC with staccato control with excellent
>  results, (see posting in archives late August 2000).   I wouldn't be
> surprised
>  if
>  most of your problems are related to the EMI/RFI issues with the TTL
> modulator.
>

>  Happy New Year John!
>  Regards
>  Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
>  Chesterfield, VA. USA

Dave, all,

I've already run staccato with level shifter in the past also with
excellent results.  That was with the larger 24" spark set up.
I obtained straight swordlike 24" stabbing sparks.  Postings
are in the archives.  I may have tried the level shift also with
the 38" spark staccato TC too, but I'd have to check my notes.
In my recent post, I was now simply giving the results of this latest
quick-test on the smaller coil.  I'm familiar with Carl Willis's excellent
work.

Happy New Year,
John Freau