Re: pig in overdrive...

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Scott,

What you can get away with and what you should do are not the same. I
personally wouldn't recommend
putting the pigs in series. They are only transformers and the secondary's
can overvolt like any other
transformer. I would recommend going the route of paralleling the pigs for
higher current capability
and use a variac to pull the voltage up to maybe 280V for about 17kV
output. This still is pumping up
the input a bit, but not like putting the pigs in series. Yes, it's
probably been done without a
problem, but that doesn't mean it will work without problems in every
circumstance. It's a risk and
ultimately up to you. If you do series the pigs, you might want to keep the
input down to around 170V
for about 20kV output. It would probably be a good idea to mark the voltage
adjust to "not go beyond
this point". If your like me, you'll be tempted.

Take care,
Bart A.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>