Resonator theory and Nikola Tesla

Original poster: "Marco Denicolai by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <marco.denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>

Hello all.

While digging for the roots of the air-coupled resonator theory, I
bumped into the Oberbeck reference

A. Oberbeck, Wied. Ann. 55, 1895.

I haven't got the paper, but I know that there the basic laws for
air-coupled resonators are stated, for the case where L1*C1=L2*C2.

Now, if I recall Tesla stayed in Colorado Springs from May 1899 until
early 1900, and there he developed the 2-coil TC and the magnifier.

My questions is, was Tesla aware of Oberbeck's work?
If he wasn't, how's that possible?
If he was, so what did he actually invent?

Regards

P.S. If somebody has got handy the Oberbeck paper, please let me have a
copy of it.

--

 Marco Denicolai           Senior Design Engineer
 Tellabs Oy                tel: +358 9 4131 2769