Re: MOT problems/strange MOT?...Please Help!!

Original poster: "Mike Waddick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mikew-at-winternet-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Hans Scholze by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hanscs-at-eagle.ptialaska-dot-net>

> Mike,
>
> >From what I can tell, those extra wires are for a low voltage/high
current
> winding that drives the filament of the magnatron.  I have a couple of
MOTs
> like this and I just leave the extra winding disconnected.
>
> Hans

Hans,

I removed the filament windings so they are not there any more. These
Windings are HV. They both arc to the core. I have not been able to figure
out these MOTs but i belive i have got the supply working. I think the key
is to not GND the middle of the diodes to the core. I got longer arcs when
they were not connected.

Thanks alot,

Mike Waddick