Re: Recent power arc experiments

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> NaCl is also much more corrosive, in my
> experience... Copper Sulfate (or
> Sulphate, if you prefer) is readily available at a
> variety of places.
> Drugstores, big garden shops (they use it to kill
> trees), etc.
>

> > Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry
> Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>
> >
> > Boris,
> >
> > The only potential problem with the NaCl solution
> is that electrolysis
> > may liberate gases which could then build up
> excessive pressure inside
> > the tube. If you can get some inexpensive CuS04
> and seal the ends of the
> > tube with copper electrodes, it should work. If
> you kept the tube
> > vertical, it may even be possible to use a small
> hole on the top
> > electrode to allow gases to vent, in which case a
> dilute solution of
> > NaCl would probably work fine.

---
Bert,Jim,

Thanks for the advises.
Corrosion doesn't bother me much couse' the resistor
,if made for the experiment,would not be constructed
to last for a long time.
Potential exposion danger,on the other hand,is
something an experimenter must always think of.
I don't think it would happen in this kind of
experiment
,but if CuSO4 is claimed to be safer no problem I can
get it.

Regards,
Boris